What You Should Know Before Watching this Course
Why Use Light Modifiers?
Lighting with Umbrellas
Lighting with Softboxes
Specialty Lighting Modifiers
Modifying a Speedlight
This video is still being processed. Please check back later.
Photography: Improving Your Portraits with Lighting Modifiers
Are you looking for ways to improve your portrait photography? If so, this course can help by providing tips and techniques for adding style and interest to your portraits—and it all starts with lighting modifiers. In this course, instructor Robert Vanelli shares techniques for adding, removing, and shaping light using modifiers. He discusses the technical and artistic benefits of lighting modifiers, and covers lighting with umbrellas—explaining how to use umbrellas to achieve both softer and harsher looks. He also goes over lighting portraits with softboxes, working with specialty lighting modifiers such as beauty dishes and diffusers, and modifying speedlights.
- What is a lighting modifier?
- Technical and artistic benefits of lighting modifiers
- Using an umbrella to bounce light
- Lighting portraits with an umbrella
- Lighting a portrait with a softbox
- Shooting with a beauty dish
- Softening light with diffusers
- Adjusting color temperature using gels
- Lighting a portrait with a speedlight