This video is still being processed. Please check back later.
Migrating from Aperture to Lightroom
Scott Bourne & Rich Harrington
Lightroom Classic and Aperture are both very popular image editing and management tools for photographers. However, Apple retired Aperture in 2015. This course covers the basics of managing the move to Lightroom Classic, covering what's different from Aperture, why you should switch now, and how to migrate both your images and metadata from one library to the other. Instructors Scott Bourne and Rich Harrington transitioned over 400,000 images from Aperture to Lightroom Classic. So take a tip from the pros. Watch and learn how to execute the move properly now, and you'll save yourself time and headaches when you're ready to pull the trigger.
- Preserving an existing library or starting from scratch
- Preserving your organization and metadata
- Backing up your library
- Relocating masters
- Exporting adjusted images
- Working with Lightroom Classic
- Understanding which Aperture plugins will work in Lightroom Classic