This video is still being processed. Please check back later.
Video Production: Scriptwriting for Nonfiction Video
Content creators are producing more reality-based videos than ever before. Nonfiction video can promote advocacy, fundraising, training, and even "edutainment." But producing any video without a solid script is a challenge. Even corporate or documentary films. By learning an effective script writing and script-to-screen process, producers can lower their overhead costs and improve storytelling impact and audience engagement.
In this course, you'll learn how to write nonfiction scripts that work with a variety of budgets. Taught by Amy DeLouise, a passionate educator who has scripted hundreds of award-winning videos, it's packed with tools and tips for every level of writer and producer. Her script-to-screen workflow will help you develop your story goals and structure, create a narrative arc, work with sound bites, find the right tools to write your script, and pitch your script to clients and stakeholders.
- The benefits of scripting
- Defining your story goals
- Building a story structure, including point of view, characters, and style
- Creating a compelling narrative arc
- Creating a treatment
- Building shooting vs. editing scripts
- Writing before interviewing
- Working with script writing software
- Creating a script template
- Using storyboards for script pitches